Who should not take FOSINOPRIL-HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- increased activity of the parathyroid gland
- high cholesterol
- a type of joint disorder due to excess uric acid in the blood called gout
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- high amount of calcium in the blood
- low amount of sodium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- liver failure
- acute inflammation of the pancreas
- systemic lupus erythematosus, an autoimmune disease
- yellowing of the skin in a newborn child
- high amount of uric acid in the blood
- abnormally high levels of nitrogen-containing compounds in your blood
- secondary angle-closure glaucoma, a type of eye disorder
- decreased blood volume
- basal cell carcinoma of the skin
- cessation of urine production
- acid base problem with low chloride and basic pH blood
- high levels of potassium in the blood
- inherited disorder of continuing episodes of swelling
- a reduction in the body's resistance to infection
- decreased function of bone marrow
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- narrowing of the aortic heart valve
- hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- renal artery stenosis
- low blood pressure
- liver problems
- decreased kidney function
- a type of allergic reaction called angioedema
- hemodialysis with high-flux membrane
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Monopril HCT oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.