Who should not take Omeprazole?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- diarrhea from an infection with Clostridium difficile bacteria
- inadequate vitamin B12
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- liver problems
- a type of kidney inflammation called interstitial nephritis
- subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus
- systemic lupus erythematosus
- an autoimmune disease
- a condition of weak bones
- a broken bone
- CYP2C19 poor metabolizer
- Proton Pump Inhibitors
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.