Who should not take SEROQUEL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- breast cancer
- a condition with low thyroid hormone levels
- a high prolactin level
- excessive fat in the blood
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- very low levels of granulocytes, a type of white blood cell
- low levels of white blood cells
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- suicidal thoughts
- tardive dyskinesia, a disorder characterized by involuntary movements of the face, mouth and tongue
- neuroleptic malignant syndrome, a reaction characterized by fever, muscle rigidity and confusion
- a low seizure threshold
- clouding of the lens of the eye called cataracts
- high blood pressure
- a heart attack
- a low supply of oxygen rich blood to the heart
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- slow heartbeat
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- chronic heart failure
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- a disorder of the blood vessels of the brain
- orthostatic hypotension, a form of low blood pressure
- liver problems
- weight gain
- weakened patient
- susceptible to breathing fluid into lungs
- decreased blood volume
- metabolic syndrome x
- dementia in an elderly person
- abnormal muscle movements
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Seroquel?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.