Who should not take Hydroxychloroquine SULFATE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- low blood sugar
- glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- mental problems
- suicidal thoughts
- myasthenia gravis, a skeletal muscle disorder
- changes in the visual field
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- chronic heart failure
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- liver problems
- decreased kidney function
- anemia from pyruvate kinase and G6PD deficiencies
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Hydroxychloroquine SULFATE?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.