Who should not take Heparin Sodium In 5% Dextrose Intravenous?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- brain operation
- operation on the spine
- eye surgery
- deficiency of anti-clotting agents
- decreased platelets due to the medication heparin
- decreased blood platelets
- a significant decrease in certain blood clotting cells called platelets
- patient with catheter in the vascular system
- significant uncontrolled high blood pressure
- subacute infection of heart valve
- a hemorrhage in the brain
- bulge and tear of the aorta blood vessel wall
- stomach or intestinal ulcer
- ulcerative colitis, an inflammatory condition of the intestines
- severe liver disease
- possibility of having a miscarriage
- osteoporosis, a condition of weak bones
- procedure to place indwelling epidural catheter
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
- neuraxial anesthesia, local anesthesia injected in the epidural space or subarachnoid space
- deep peripheral nerve block
- deep plexus block
- cerebral amyloid angiopathy
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
Are you currently using Heparin Sodium In 5% Dextrose Intravenous?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.