Who should not take DIDANOSINE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- high cholesterol
- high amount of triglyceride in the blood
- increased blood acidity due to high levels of lactic acid
- a painful condition that affects the nerves in the legs and arms called peripheral neuropathy
- sudden blindness and pain upon moving the eye
- high blood pressure
- coronary artery disease
- enlarged fatty liver
- liver problems
- high amount of uric acid in the blood
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- abnormally increased pressure in the veins of the liver
- tobacco smoking
- increased cardiovascular event risk
- chronic kidney disease stage 3A (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using didanosine?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.