Who should not take PEGASYS?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a bad infection
- overactive thyroid gland
- a condition with low thyroid hormone levels
- diabetic retinopathy, a type of damage to the eye from diabetes
- low blood sugar
- disease in which body has immune response against itself
- low blood counts due to bone marrow failure
- significant anemia
- a significant decrease in certain blood clotting cells called platelets
- mental problems
- suicidal thoughts
- a painful condition that affects the nerves in the legs and arms called peripheral neuropathy
- a clot in the small veins that carry blood to or from the retina of the eye
- a stroke
- a disease of the lung
- insufficient blood supply to the colon
- inflammation of the large intestine
- inflammation of the large intestine with bleeding
- liver inflammation resulting from an abnormal immune response
- liver failure
- acute inflammation of the pancreas
- severe renal impairment
- a significant drop in a certain type of white blood cell called a neutrophil
- retinal eye changes caused by high blood pressure
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using peginterferon alfa-2a subcutaneous?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.