Who should not take Provera?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- breast cancer
- family history of breast cancer
- excessive fat in the blood
- high blood pressure
- disorder of the blood vessels of the brain
- obstruction of a blood vessel by a blood clot
- blood clot in vein
- at risk for formation of blood clots
- severe liver disease
- Presence of Nodules in the Breast
- Decreased Calcification or Density of Bone
- visible water retention
- weight gain
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.