Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Philip and Karen Smith / Iconica
(2) Background image from Claude Edelmann / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(3) ERIK ISAKSON / Tetra images
(4) Background image from ERIK ISAKSON / Tetra images
(5) LWA / Taxi
(6) altrendo images / Stockbyte
(7) Yoav Levy / Phototake
(9) David Leahy / Taxi
(10) Ian Hooton / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(11) Jules Selmes / Dorling Kindersley
(12) Mel Curtis / Photodisc
(13) Trinette Reed / Digital Vision
(14) Alan Boyde / Visuals Unlimited
(15) Eisenhut & Mayer / StockFood Creative
(16) Brayden Knell / WebMD
(17) LWA / Taxi
Christiane Northrup, MD, Yarmouth, Maine.
Cleveland Clinic's Women's Health Center.
Kryger, Meir et al, editors: Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine. Fourth Edition, Elsevier, 2005.
Kryger, Meir, et al, editors Sleep Medicine, Third Edition, Elsevier, 2000.
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
National Institutes of Health.
National Institute on Aging.
National Women's Health Information Center.
North American Menopause Society.
Northrup, C. The Secret Pleasures of Menopause, Hay House, 2008.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women's Health.
Women's Health Initiative.
Wulf Utian, MD, PhD, consultant in women's health, Cleveland Clinic; executive director, North American Menopause Society.
Reviewed by Nivin Todd, MD on March 07, 2017
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.