Macular Degeneration Features
Caring for a Loved One Losing Their Sight
- An Expert’s Perspective: Geographic Atrophy
As a retina specialist and ophthalmologist, one expert gives their perspective on geographic atrophy and how to manage it. Get the facts about this advanced form of dry age-related macular degeneration.
- My Life With Geographic Atrophy
My Life With Geographic Atrophy From diagnosis to management, one woman shares her story about living with geographic atrophy.
- Caring for Your Mental, Social, and Emotional Well-being With Geographic Atrophy
A low-vision ophthalmologist shares how she helps people with this condition live their best lives.
- Coming to Terms With AMD Vision Loss
One woman describes her journey to acceptance of vision loss due to wet macular degeneration.
- Learning to Live With AMD: A Caregiver’s Story
A caregiver discusses her father’s vision loss and how he learned to live with the challenges of AMD.
- Living Well With Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Simple lifestyle changes can help you lower your risk of losing your vision.
- Macular Degeneration: Preserving Eyesight
You can help preserve your eyesight if you stop smoking and wear protective eyewear in sunlight.
- Tracking a Vision Thief
At first, the only clue might be slightly distorted or blurry vision, or difficulty reading. When it gets worse, you decide to see your eye doctor. In doing so, you might learn you have a condition called age-related macular degeneration, or AMD. In AMD, the macula -- the area of the retina that is responsible for your sharpest central vision -- deteriorates.