Macular Degeneration Features
- What I’ve Learned From My Patients About the Challenges of Geographic Atrophy
A doctor who regularly treats patients with geographic atrophy details what he has learned from them and the inspiration they bring.
- Accepting a Geographic Atrophy (GA) Diagnosis
If you’re having trouble accepting a geographic atrophy (GA) diagnosis, there are support groups and resources that can help you lead a full life.
- Finding Support for Geographic Atrophy (GA)
Family, friends, and support groups can help you adapt to life with geographic atrophy (GA). Find out where to find the best sources of support for you.
- Why I Decided to Treat My Geographic Atrophy
Diane Marshall details how she decided to move forward with eye injections.
- How I Plan for Specific Tasks With Geographic Atrophy
Learn how one woman approaches daily life with geographic atrophy.
- Lifestyle Changes That Can Help You See Better
An occupational therapist specializing in low vision offers tips to help you adapt to vision loss from geographic atrophy.
- Geographic Atrophy: The Future of Treatment
Learn what’s on the horizon to help you manage your condition.
- Healthy Eating Habits for Age-Related Macular Degeneration
If you have age-related macular degeneration, eating healthy foods may help you see better for longer. Learn the facts about which dietary changes may safeguard your sight.
- Caring for a Loved One Losing Their Sight
One woman shares her experience caring for a loved one with geographic atrophy.
- An Expert’s Perspective: Geographic Atrophy
As a retina specialist and ophthalmologist, one expert gives their perspective on geographic atrophy and how to manage it. Get the facts about this advanced form of dry age-related macular degeneration.
- My Life With Geographic Atrophy
My Life With Geographic Atrophy From diagnosis to management, one woman shares her story about living with geographic atrophy.
- Caring for Your Mental, Social, and Emotional Well-being With Geographic Atrophy
A low-vision ophthalmologist shares how she helps people with this condition live their best lives.
- Coming to Terms With AMD Vision Loss
One woman describes her journey to acceptance of vision loss due to wet macular degeneration.
- Learning to Live With AMD: A Caregiver’s Story
A caregiver discusses her father’s vision loss and how he learned to live with the challenges of AMD.
- Living Well With Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Simple lifestyle changes can help you lower your risk of losing your vision.
- Macular Degeneration: Preserving Eyesight
You can help preserve your eyesight if you stop smoking and wear protective eyewear in sunlight.
- Tracking a Vision Thief
At first, the only clue might be slightly distorted or blurry vision, or difficulty reading. When it gets worse, you decide to see your eye doctor. In doing so, you might learn you have a condition called age-related macular degeneration, or AMD. In AMD, the macula -- the area of the retina that is responsible for your sharpest central vision -- deteriorates.