Heart Disease Features
How to Help a Loved One With Peripheral Artery Disease
- Mindset Strategies for Peripheral Arterial Disease
Years after he quit smoking, Jim Stocker woke up with a "leg attack." Here’s how he walked through pain and misdiagnosis to get on better footing with peripheral arterial disease.
- When PAD Is an Emergency
If you have peripheral artery disease (PAD), you need to be aware of signs of these medical emergencies.
- Foot Care Tips for People With PAD, From Podiatrists
Follow these foot care tips to help your feet stay healthy if you have peripheral artery disease (PAD).
- Tips for Traveling When You Have Peripheral Artery Disease
PAD and travel: How to get around at the airport, in the car, and at hotels.
- Peripheral Artery Disease in the Bedroom
PAD and sex: How peripheral artery disease impacts your sex life and what you can do to reclaim it.
- Cardiologists’ Top Tips for Peripheral Arterial Disease
By boosting exercise and treating other medical conditions, you can live longer and better with this blood vessel condition.
- Ways to Support Someone Who Has Coronary Artery Disease
Here are some ways to help when a partner, family member, or close friend has been diagnosed with heart disease.
- The Coronary Artery Disease Risk Factor You May Have Overlooked
Your social connections can influence your health. Find out why you need these ties especially when you have a condition like coronary artery disease.
- Ways Peripheral Artery Disease Can Affect Your Work
Personal adjustments and workplace accommodations to help your employer support your peripheral artery disease treatment.
- On the Job With Coronary Artery Disease
If you have coronary artery disease, you probably have a lot of questions, including when and how you can return to work. Here are some general guidelines.
- Dealing With Heart Disease and Facing Judgments
When Carolyn Thomas had a heart attack due to coronary artery disease, she faced sticky, judgy questions. Here’s how to deal with judgment about your heart condition.
- Best Exercises for Peripheral Artery Disease
Your peripheral artery disease may make walking painful. Learn how supervised exercise therapy can help you go farther and in more comfort.
- What Coronary Artery Disease Means for Your Sex Life
Experts say sex is safe for many people with CAD, and it’s important for your quality of life.
- Coronary Artery Disease: Top Tips From Cardiologists
Your lifestyle is the key to better health with coronary artery disease. Here are four lifestyle changes to put at the top of your list and advice on how to make them happen.
- How Peripheral Artery Disease Can Sneak Up on You
Peripheral artery disease takes hold over time, sometimes without people knowing it. Here are the subtle symptoms to look for.
- Do I Really Need Surgery for Peripheral Artery Disease?
Find out when someone with peripheral artery disease (PAD) might need surgery or another procedure to help treat it.
- How I Got My Life Back After Peripheral Arterial Disease
Peripheral arterial disease doesn’t have to push you to the sidelines. Learn how to find ways to thrive with your diagnosis.
- Tips to Manage Arm and Leg Pain From Peripheral Artery Disease
Leg pain is a top symptom of peripheral artery disease. Here are tips on how to manage it and to ease your pain.
- Ways to Tame Stress When You Have CAD
Stress management is especially important if you have coronary artery disease. Find out what helps.
- Helping Family and Friends Understand Your PAD
If you have peripheral artery disease (PAD), these tips will help you get the support you want from your loved ones.
- Recovery After Coronary Artery Disease Surgery
Find out what the recovery is like after coronary artery bypass surgery, or CABG.
- Skin Care Tips for People With PAD
Peripheral artery disease (PAD) can cause changes and discomfort to the skin on your legs and feet. Here’s how to manage the symptoms and what to look out for.
- Quit-Smoking Tips for People With Coronary Artery Disease
Quitting smoking may be the most important thing you can do for your health. Find out how quitting helps if you have coronary artery disease.
- Can You Reverse Coronary Artery Disease?
Coronary artery disease is the top killer of both men and women, but there are ways to stop it. Here’s how both lifestyle and medications can help.
- Ways Coronary Artery Disease Can Sneak Up on You
Coronary artery disease happens over time -- and you may not know it’s happening. Get the facts.
- What It’s Really Like to Have Heart Bypass Surgery
Find out what having coronary artery bypass surgery is like -- from a patient’s perspective.
- Are There Supplements for Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)?
Find out why many experts don’t recommend taking supplements as a way to improve or prevent coronary artery disease.
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) and Sleep
Peripheral artery disease (PAD) can lead to sleep problems. Learn more about the ways PAD may affect your sleep.
- Ease Stress for Heart Health
Too much stress, for too long, is bad for your whole body -- including your heart. Find out about types of stress management to help protect your heart’s health.
- Expert Q&A: What’s New in Heart Disease Prevention
Some ways to boost heart health have sound science to back them up. Others are pure hype. See what an expert says about the latest ways you can prevent heart disease.
- Man Holds His Own Heart After Transplant Surgery
A hospital program lets people recovering from transplants hold their former heart in their hands while learning how to care for their new one.
- 'Biggest Loser' Host Bob Harper: I'm Healing After Heart Attack
A cardiologist weighs in on why someone who seems so healthy and fit could have a heart attack.
- 7 Pains You Shouldn't Ignore
Is your pain normal, or is it a sign of something serious? Find out what your body might be telling you.
- Natural Remedies for Heart Health: Help or Harm?
Can natural remedies help your heart stay healthier? Heart doctors and pharmacists cut through the hype and tell you which ones may work.
- Periodontal Disease and Heart Health
Does a healthy mouth equal a healthy heart? Heart and dental experts discuss the connection.
- Hot Summer Days: How to Stay Well in the Heat
Are you a nature lover or outdoor athlete? Learn how you can stay safe and well in the heat.
- Does Heart Disease Run in Your Family?
Family history plays a big role in the health of your heart. What can you do to lower your risk of heart disease -- today?
- Never Ignore These 11 Heart Symptoms
11 possible symptoms of heart problems that you may not be aware of, such as dizziness, fatigue, and nausea.
- 7 Tips for a Heart-Friendly Diet
Use these 7 tips for a heart-smart diet that’s rich in all the right foods -- and still tastes great!
- Atherosclerosis: Your Arteries Age by Age
As you get older, atherosclerosis can narrow your arteries.
- How to Stick With Your New Diet
Learn how to stick with big, heart-healthy diet changes.
- Heart-Healthy Snacks
Try these snack ideas that are heart-healthy and flavorful.
- Exercise for Heart Attack Survivors
If you've had a heart attack, exercise is probably something your doctor has recommended. Find out what kinds of exercise you should do, and how do to it safely.
- Exercise With Heart Disease: FAQ
Find out what kind of exercise is best if you have heart disease.
- 7 Ways to Tame Heart Disease Fears
How to overcome your fears about heart disease and what your future holds.
- 5 Flavor-Rich Ways to Cut Sodium
Are you cutting back on sodium because you have high blood pressure, or for other health reasons? This article tells you how to cook delicious food without too much salt.
- Eat for a Healthy Heart
Eating heart-healthy foods may be easier than you think. Just follow these three steps.
- Heart Tests Your Doctor May Recommend
Knowing what's going on with your ticker can help you -- and your doctor -- make wise decisions about your health care.
- 6 Symptoms of Women's Heart Attacks
WebMD talks to cardiologists about possible symptoms of heart attack in women.