Newly Diagnosed With Lupus Medically Reviewed by Jennifer Robinson, MD on June 20, 2020
10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Lupus
- What are some signs and symptoms of lupus or a lupus flare that I might expect and how do I prevent a flare-up?
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the possible side effects of my lupus medications and could they trigger or aggravate my lupus symptoms?
- Could another condition be causing my lupus symptoms?
- Has the disease already damaged my kidneys or other organs?
- Should I have a bone density test?
- Should I be taking calcium or other supplements?
- How long will I need to take these lupus drugs?
- Is it safe for me to become pregnant if I have lupus? Are my lupus medications safe to take while I’m pregnant?
- How often should I have checkups?
- What lifestyle changes do you recommend?
- What is my prognosis and what does the future look like?