Substance Abuse and Addiction Slideshows
Advances in Treatment of Addiction
- 10 Signs You May Have an Addictive Personality
If you recognize and identify with these 10 traits, you may have an addictive personality.
- 10 Things to Do If You’re Worried About a Loved One’s Alcoholism
Learn more about alcoholism and how to talk to your loved one about their heavy drinking.
- Break the Habit: 10 Ways to Help Tame Your Soft Addictions
Find out what soft addictions are and how you can break them.
- Are You a Sex Addict? 10 Questions to Ask Yourself
If you think you may be a sex addict, there are 10 questions you can ask yourself to find out.
- A Few Too Many: 10 Signs That Alcohol Is Becoming a Problem
Find out if your drinking is becoming a problem and what you can do about it.
- Substance Abuse in Older Adults
Abuse of alcohol and drugs among older people has been called the "invisible epidemic." Learn what to look out for to protect yourself or a loved one.
- Marijuana Addiction and Abuse
Cannabis use disorder is when you’re addicted to marijuana. Learn more about this condition and how to treat it.
- How Drinking Alcohol Affects Your Skin
From flushed cheeks and puffy eyes to the risk of skin cancer, drinking alcohol can affect your skin in many ways.
- What Happens to Your Body When You Stop Drinking Alcohol
Whether you drink a lot or only once in a while, giving up alcohol may lead to changes in your body and mind. Find out what happens when you go dry.
- Alcohol and the Aging Process
Once you’re old enough to drink alcohol, it can actually age you faster than normal. Here’s how.
- Celebrities Who Are Open About Addiction
Addiction affects people from all walks of life. See celebrities who’ve battled drug and alcohol use disorders and shared their stories.
- Signs You Might Have a Problem With Alcohol
Is your drinking on the high side of normal, or has it crossed the line into a problem? Find out what could signal trouble and what you can do about it.
- How Alcohol Affects Your Body
A few seconds after your first sip, alcohol starts to change how your body works. After years of heavy drinking, those changes add up.
- Could You Be Hooked? Surprising Addictions
Cell phones, social media, chocolate, a runner's high -- what is it you feel like you're addicted to? Why do we feel we can't live without these things?
- Commonly Abused Prescription and OTC Drugs
This slideshow features pictures of commonly abused prescription and over-the-counter drugs, including depressants, pain relievers, and stimulants.