How Does It Work?
The woman removes the ring for 1 week when she'll have her period. With the Nuvaring, a new ring is then inserted after the week off. The Annovera ring can be cleaned and reused again for up to a year.
How Effective Is a Vaginal Ring?
The vaginal ring prevents almost all pregnancies when it's used correctly. It’s 96%-99% effective, which means only 1-2 women out of 100 who use it would accidentally get pregnant.
Are There Side Effects?
The most common ones are:
Who Should Not Use the Vaginal Ring?
This is not a good option for women who have:
- A history of blood clots, heart attack, or stroke
- Have breast cancer or other hormone sensitive cancers
- Are pregnant or think they might be
- Are older than 35 and smoke cigarettes
- Have Hepatitis or liver issues
Women who have migraines should talk with their doctor.