Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
2) Scott Camazine/Phototake
4) Steve Gschmeissner/Photo Reasearchers, Inc.
5) Pulse Picture Library/CMP Images
7) Dr. Tony Brian/Photo Researchers Inc.
8) Phanie/Photo Researchers Inc.
9) Dr. Kenneth Greer/Visuals Unlimited
10) Lauren Shear/Photo Researchers, Inc.
11) Steve Cole / the Agency Collection
12) Jose Luis Pelaez/Blend Images
13) Zephyr/Photo Researchers, Inc.
14) Lester Lefkowitz/Photographer's Choice
16) Pulse Picture Library/CMP Images / Phototake
17) Dr. David R. Phillips/Visuals Unlimited
18) Southern Illinois University/ Photo Researchers, Inc.
19) Banana Stock
24) ER Productions/Blend Images
American Academy of Dermatology: "Skin cancer detection."
American Cancer Society web site.
American Diabetes Association web site.
American Diabetes Association: "Diabetes Statistics."
CDC: "Diabetes," "Understanding Mammograms," "Basic Information about HIV and AIDS," "HIV Testing Basics for Consumers."
Cowie, C. Diabetes Care, 2006.
FamilyDoctor.org: "Preventive Services for Healthy Living."
Glaucoma Research Foundation web site.
Healthfinder.gov: "Get Screened."
Lab Tests Online: "Screening Tests for Adults (Ages 30-49)."
National Cancer Institute, Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results.
National Cancer Institute: "Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine."
National Cholesterol Education Program: "Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III)."
National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health: "High Blood Pressure," "What are High Blood Pressure and Prehypertension?"
National Osteoporosis Foundation: "Having a Bone Density Test," "Why Bone Health is Important."
The Biology Project (University of Arizona): "Introduction to ELISA Activity," "Introduction to Western Blot Activity."
U.S. Preventive Services Task Force: "Screening for Breast Cancer."
Reviewed by Neha Pathak, MD on October 09, 2017
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.