10 Questions to Ask Doctor About Bipolar Disorder
Since you were recently diagnosed with
bipolar disorder, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
1. What are the chances my children or other family members can inherit
Recommended Related to Bipolar Disorder
Am I Bipolar?
No one's mood is stable 100% of the time. It's normal to feel down when you hit a rough patch and elated when life goes your way.
But if you have bipolar disorder, the highs and lows are a lot more extreme, and they can sometimes seem random. The good news is that with treatment and some hard work, you can control the impact this disease has on your life.
Read the Am I Bipolar? article > >
2. What’s the difference between
bipolar I and bipolar II disorder? Which do I have?
3. How do I decide which
medications are most helpful for my condition and how do they work?
4. What should I do if I forget to take any of my
medications for bipolar disorder?
5. What are the major warning signs that I could be developing mania or
6. What side effects are most common with the medicines I am taking and how are the side effects managed if they occur?
7. How can stress and irregular
sleep patterns effect my illness?
8. What are the risks and benefits of taking anti-depressants for bipolar
9. Will I need
blood tests to monitor my medicines and if so, how often?
10. What are the risks of any alcohol use or drugs like
marijuana or cocaine for my condition and what effects would they have on my medicines?