Bipolar Disorder News & Features
How I Plan for Bipolar Disorder Ups and Downs
- Bipolar Disorder: How to Limit Its Impact on Your Relationships
Bipolar disorder symptoms in a relationship can be a challenge. Get the facts on how treatment can help.
- How I Discuss My Condition
Chanel Johnson, a mental health professional who has bipolar disorder, shares her tips.
- Like Son, Like Father: Bipolar Through The Generations
Seven years after I was first diagnosed bipolar, my dad found out he also has the disorder. This after more than 50 years living with the incorrect diagnosis of depression.
- What’s Next for Bipolar Treatment?
Treatment for bipolar disorder is heading into new and exciting directions.
- Living With Bipolar Disorder
A decade after diagnosis, Hannah Blum has gained control of her symptoms and is living life on her terms.
- Dealing With the Stigma of Bipolar Disorder
Linea Johnson, 36, says the perception of the condition is shifting.
- A Therapist’s Perspective: Bipolar Disorder
Learn how therapy can help you manage the day-to-day aspects of bipolar disorder.
- How I Manage My Bipolar Depression
Read how one man with bipolar disorder handles the depression that's part of the condition.
- How I Manage My Bipolar Mania
Find out how one woman manages the mania that comes with bipolar disorder.
- How My Bipolar Disorder Treatment Has Helped Me
Read one woman’s story of what it’s like to have severe bipolar disorder, and how treatment helped her get her life back on track.
- How I Manage Bipolar Mania
Yes, being manic did feel good, but it came at a cost.
- How I Made Marriage Work With Bipolar
Trying to use my wife as a treatment for mental illness is literally crazy. Pardon the pun.
- How My Lifestyle Affects My Bipolar Disorder
Medication and therapy are extremely important, but they aren’t the entire solution.
- Facing the Stigma and Stereotypes of Bipolar Disorder
Don't stigmatize people with bipolar disorder, and treat us as you would everyone else, because we're just like everyone else, mental health activist Gabe Howard says.
- What Progress and Recovery Look Like
For me, the most realistic definition is that I’m spending more time living my life than managing bipolar disorder.
- How I Explain Bipolar to Family and Friends
As frustrating as it was that my loved ones didn’t understand my illness, I had to keep in mind that at first, I didn’t understand it, either.
- My Experiences With Bipolar Medication
I assumed the first medications prescribed to me would be the perfect regimen. My unrealistic view of how psychiatry and medication worked set me up to be very disappointed.
- Expert Answers to Your Bipolar Disorder Questions
Got questions about bipolar disorder? WebMD has answers that the experts gave our audience during a Facebook Live event.
- Bipolar: The Diagnosis I Never Expected
In 2003, I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital because I was having thoughts of suicide, delusions, and depression. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
- What to Do If Your Bipolar Meds Aren’t Working
What to do if your bipolar medication doesn’t seem to work as well as it used to.
- Keep Your Lows From Keeping You Down
Because bipolar depression can resemble other conditions, see your doctor or mental health professional to get a correct diagnosis.
- Bipolar Romantic Relationships: Dating and Marriage
WebMD provides advice on bipolar disorder in romantic relationships, from dating to marriage. Whether you or your loved one has bipolar disorder, here is information you can use to make the relationship work.
- Bipolar Disorder In Kids
Health Information on Bipolar Disorder,diagnosed,diagnosis,help,assisted,depression,depressive disorder,depression,suppressed,Medication,drugs,mood change,mood changes/swing,early,early stage,onset of,onset,Disorder,mood disorder,manic,mania"
- At-Home Bipolar Disorder Test: Help or Hindrance?
Advocates say an at-home bipolar disorder test helps doctors make an accurate diagnosis, but critics say more research is needed.
- Balancing Act: A Mother and Her Sons Cope with Bipolar Disorder
How one family learned to deal with bipolar disorder.
- How Can I Help Someone Who Has Bipolar Disorder?
You can be a big support to a loved one with bipolar disorder, both in a crisis and in daily life. Learn the dos and the don’ts.
- Balancing Bipolar Disorder
Better treatments, earlier diagnosis, and increased awareness make living with bipolar disorder easier. Plus, questions to ask your doctor about bipolar disorder.
- Bipolar Disorder: Handling the Holidays
With bipolar disorder, the holidays can be difficult. Find help and advice for managing bipolar disorder during the holiday season and avoiding bipolar symptoms such as depression, anxiety, and mania.
- Bipolar Youths May Misread Faces
May 30, 2006 — Youths with bipolar disorder may see hostility in faces that look blank to other people, new research shows.
- Mental Illness and Substance Abuse
Mental health problems are frequently complicated by substance abuse, putting patients in need of special care.
- Bipolar Disorder: Two-Sided Trouble
The public's understanding of bipolar disorder is often flawed, especially when it hits celebrities.