WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 20 mins
A touch of curry-infused butter dresses sauteed asparagus. This quick and delicious side dish would be just as welcome with a grilled cheese sandwich as it would with broiled salmon.
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, (see Tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 bunch asparagus, (about 1 pound), trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Step 1
- Combine butter, curry powder, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl.
- Step 2
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add asparagus and cook, stirring, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir the curry butter into the asparagus; toss to coat.
Tip: Check the ingredient label on your brand of curry powder: if it has added salt (as some do), you may omit the salt in the recipe or salt to taste.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com