If you’re a fan of the classic Italian dessert Tiramisu, try this quick, lower-calorie variation the next time you need a dessert in a hurry. Both types of ladyfingers—spongy and crunchy—work well.
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) nonfat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 ladyfingers (about 1 3/4 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons brewed espresso, or strong coffee, divided
- 2 tablespoons melted bittersweet chocolate chips
- Step 1
- Combine ricotta, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Step 2
- Place 6 ladyfingers in a 9-by-5-inch (or similar size) loaf pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons espresso (or coffee). Spread the ricotta mixture over the ladyfingers. Place another layer of ladyfingers over the ricotta and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons espresso (or coffee). Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Step 3
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com