WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 25 mins
When you brown butter, as in this recipe, the flavor intensifies so adding just a little to Brussels sprouts still makes a big impact.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Step 1
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add Brussels sprouts, cover and steam until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Step 2
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook, swirling often, until the butter turns a nutty brown, 1 to 3 minutes. Stir in oil and scrape into a large bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the Brussels sprouts, almonds, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Tip: To toast slivered almonds, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com