Carrot cake for breakfast? Why not! This innovative healthy waffle breakfast-sandwich recipe uses whole-grain frozen waffles instead of bread and has a carrot cake-like filling made with reduced-fat cream cheese, shredded carrot, raisins and walnuts sweetened with a touch of maple syrup. Even better, it's ready in 5 minutes!
- 2 whole-grain frozen waffles
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Step 1
- Toast waffles. Spread cream cheese on 1 waffle. Top with carrot, raisins and walnuts. Drizzle with maple syrup. Top with the remaining waffle.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com