WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
This retro dish will please kids and adults alike.
- 6 ounces fettuccine, preferably spinach
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 leeks, white parts only, washed and finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- salt, to taste
- lemon juice, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Step 2
- Cook fettuccine in boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain and set aside.
- Step 3
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Add mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon rosemary; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add broth and milk; bring to a boil, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in chicken. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Step 4
- Gently mix the cooked fettuccine into chicken mixture and spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Step 5
- Combine Parmesan, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, parsley and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the mixture over the casserole.
- Step 6
- Bake casserole for 20 to 30 minutes, or until bubbling. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com