WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 30 mins
Give ordinary roasted sweet potatoes a big flavor boost with this quick, Asian-inspired seasoning mix.
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed (and peeled, if desired), cut into 1-inch wedges or pieces
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chile-garlic sauce (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Step 1
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Step 2
- Combine oil, chile-garlic sauce, soy sauce and white pepper in a large bowl. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat with the seasoning mixture.
- Step 3
- Spread the potatoes evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Step 4
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender and browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Note: Chile-garlic sauce (also labeled chili-garlic sauce, or paste) is a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar. It can be found in the Asian section of large supermarkets and will keep for up to 1 year in the refrigerator.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com