WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 30 mins
Crisp chilled snap peas with creamy tarragon dressing make a nice alternative to a lettuce-based salad. The dressing can be doubled and used for chicken salad. Substitute fresh or dried dill for the tarragon if you like.
- y1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt or nonfat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Steam peas over 2 inches of boiling water, stirring once, until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towel. Refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes.
- Step 2
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt (or buttermilk), tarragon, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add peas; toss well to coat. Serve chilled.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com