WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Chicken turns this Greek-inspired salad into a substantial main course. Feel free to substitute other chopped fresh vegetables, such as broccoli or bell peppers, for the tomatoes or cucumber. Use leftover chicken, store-roasted chicken or quickly poach a couple boneless, skinless chicken breasts while you prepare the rest of the salad. Serve with pita bread and hummus.
- 1/3 cup red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, or oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (about 12 ounces)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe black olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Step 1
- Whisk vinegar, oil, dill (or oregano), garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives and feta; toss to coat.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com