WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 25 mins
This simple combination of corn, mushrooms and bacon goes with everything from burgers to lightly scrambled eggs and toast.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced, such as oyster, shiitake and/or baby bella
- 4 ears corn, kernels cut from cob (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Step 1
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and chop.
- Step 2
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat from the pan. Add shallots and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they begin to release their juices, about 3 minutes more. Add corn kernels and water and cook until the corn is tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chopped bacon and season with salt and pepper.
Tip: To remove kernels, stand a cob on its stem end in a bowl and slice them off with a sharp, thin-bladed knife.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com