WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 4 hrs, 15 Minutes
Here we flavor plain gelatin with 100% cherry juice, and stir in creamy yogurt and fresh cherries to make a special treat. Experiment with other fruit juice and fruit combinations.
- 2 cups unsweetened 100% black cherry juice, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1-2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 6-ounce container nonfat cherry or vanilla yogurt (2/3 cup)
- 1 cup pitted fresh cherries, or thawed and drained frozen cherries, halved or chopped
- Step 1
- Place 1/2 cup cherry juice in a medium bowl. Sprinkle gelatin on top and let stand for 1 minute.
- Step 2
- Bring the remaining 1 1/2 cups cherry juice to a boil in a small saucepan. Add to the gelatin mixture along with sugar to taste and whisk until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Step 3
- Whisk in yogurt until combined. Divide among 4 small dishes or ramekins.
- Step 4
- Stir 1/4 cup cherries into each portion.
- Step 5
- Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com