WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 1 hr, 30 mins
Chilling the poached chicken breasts in the cooking liquid ensures moist, succulent results in this curried chicken salad. Stuff into whole-wheat pita pockets with shredded lettuce.
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (1 1/2 pounds total), trimmed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, to taste
- 1 tart apple, such as Granny Smith, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup currants, or raisins
- Step 1
- Bring broth and water to a boil in a large shallow pan. Add chicken and reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, until the chicken is no longer pink inside, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a shallow dish and pour the cooking liquid over the top. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or overnight. Remove the chicken from the cooking liquid and dice.
- Step 2
- Stir mayonnaise, yogurt, chutney and curry powder in a medium bowl until well blended. Add the diced chicken, apple and currants (or raisins) and toss until thoroughly coated.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com