WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 2 hrs, 15 mins
Here's a super-simple zucchini bread recipe. The addition of chocolate chips makes it more like a dessert than a breakfast, but you can enjoy it anytime. Skip the chocolate and try it with toasted walnuts or raisins if you prefer. Freeze 2-cup portions of shredded zucchini so you can make zucchini bread all year long.
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Step 2
- Whisk milk, eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir in zucchini. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add the wet ingredients and chocolate chips to the dry ingredients; stir until just combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Step 3
- Bake until golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Let cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
Note: White whole-wheat flour, made from a special variety of white wheat, is light in color and flavor but has the same nutritional properties as regular whole-wheat flour. It is available at large supermarkets and natural-foods stores and online. Store it in the freezer.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com