WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 40 mins
Our oven-baked zucchini sticks taste every bit as good as their deep-fried brethren with only a fraction of the fat and calories. Serve with a side of your favorite marinara sauce for dipping.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, about 3 medium; cut into 1/2-by-3-inch sticks
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- canola or olive oil cooking spray
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Step 2
- Combine flours, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a large sealable plastic bag. Dip zucchini in egg white, shake in the bag to coat, and arrange, not touching, on the baking sheet. Coat all exposed sides with cooking spray.
- Step 3
- Bake on the center rack for 10 minutes. Turn the zucchini and coat any floury spots with cooking spray. Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes more. Serve hot.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com