WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 30 mins
Peppery radicchio mellows a bit on the grill and is offset wonderfully by the sweet beets and earthy goat cheese dressing. Rib-eye or filet mignon would also be a delicious choice in this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese, or feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar, or champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 3 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small head radicchio, halved, cored and each half quartered
- 1 8-ounce can baby beets, drained
- 8 ounces New York strip (loin) steak, trimmed and cut into 2 portions
- Step 1
- Preheat grill to high.
- Step 2
- Place cheese in a medium bowl and mash it with the back of a spoon until creamy. Add vinegar, dry mustard, shallot, parsley, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in 2 teaspoons oil and whisk until blended.
- Step 3
- Thread radicchio chunks and beets onto skewers and drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Rub steaks with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil. Season the steaks and skewered vegetables with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Step 4
- Grill the steaks 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Grill the vegetable skewers, turning frequently, until the radicchio is wilted and lightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the steaks to a plate; let rest for 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the skewers. Serve steaks and vegetables with the sauce.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com