WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 25 mins
Chickpeas make this exotic dish a terrific player in any vegetarian menu.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds kale, ribs removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add kale and cook, tossing with two large spoons, until bright green, about 1 minute. Add broth, coriander, cumin, garam masala and salt. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Step 2
- Stir in chickpeas; cover and cook until the chickpeas are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com