WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 1 1/4 hrs
Acorn squash makes a sweet substitute for potatoes in this easy mash. Use a serrated grapefruit spoon to get all the seeds and stringy fibers out of the inside of the squash.
- 1 acorn squash, (1 1/4 pounds), halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Step 2
- Place squash halves cut-side down in the prepared pan. Bake until soft, about 50 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Step 3
- Scrape the soft squash flesh into a medium bowl. Stir in syrup, butter, cinnamon and salt with a fork, mashing the squash until somewhat smooth.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com