WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 30 mins
This colorful salad offers a symphony of flavors and textures. Savory black olives, sweet orange slices and crisp, licorice-flavored fennel balance the slightly bitter tastes of chicory, radicchio and Belgian endive.
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 medium navel or Valencia oranges
- 10 cups mixed lettuces, (3 small heads), such as chicory, radicchio and leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 heads Belgian endive, sliced
- 2 bulbs fennel, trimmed and sliced
- Step 1
- To prepare vinaigrette: Whisk vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil. Stir in olives and parsley.
- Step 2
- To prepare salad: Using a sharp knife, remove peel and white pith from oranges. Quarter the oranges; slice pieces crosswise.
- Step 3
- Just before serving, combine lettuces, endive, fennel and the orange slices in a large bowl. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat well.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com