WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 30 mins
Chicken broth adds a savory touch and reduced-fat sour cream adds richness without lots of fat.
- 3 pounds baking potatoes, (about 8 potatoes), peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, heated
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Step 1
- Place potatoes in a large heavy pot and cover with cold salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Step 2
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Off the heat, mash potatoes, adding enough hot broth to make a smooth puree. Stir in sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com