A sprinkle of Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil transform tomatoes into the perfect side dish. Or try sandwiching them between slices of your favorite whole-wheat country bread.
- 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Step 2
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil. Bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com