WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 30 mins
Toasty rustic pesto takes simple grilled squash from ordinary to exceptional with tangy lemon and fresh garlic. Serve as a side dish or chop the grilled squash, combine with the pesto and toss with pasta for a light entree.
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium summer squash, (about 1 pound),, sliced diagonally 1/4 inch thick
- canola or olive oil cooking spray
- Step 1
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Step 2
- Combine basil, pine nuts, oil, Parmesan, garlic, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl.
- Step 3
- Coat both sides of squash slices with cooking spray. Grill the squash until browned and tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve topped with the pesto.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com