Provence, in southeast France, has earned the culinary trademark a la Provençal for dishes prepared with plenty of garlic, olive oil and olives. Here we combine fennel, artichoke hearts, edamame, feta and olives in this quick and hearty one-skillet supper.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large bulb fennel, trimmed, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 10-ounce package frozen shelled edamame (about 2 cups), thawed
- 1 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth, or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cured olives
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add fennel and cook, stirring, until starting to soften and brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Step 2
- Add garlic and herbes de Provence; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Step 3
- Add wine; increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Boil until the wine is almost evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Step 4
- Stir in edamame, artichoke hearts and broth; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Step 5
- Remove from the heat; stir in lemon zest, lemon juice and salt. Serve sprinkled with feta and olives.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com