A simple dressing of sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard and paprika flavor this rice and lentil salad. It's a great way to use up leftovers.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, preferably smoked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 15-ounce can lentils, rinsed, or 1 1/3 cups cooked lentils
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Step 1
- Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add rice, lentils, carrot and parsley; stir to combine.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com