WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 1 hr, 15 mins
Rich roasted garlic makes an incomparably flavored dressing. Try this on any salad with bold-flavored greens or ingredients.
- 1 large head garlic, or 2 small heads
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic, or red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablepoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Step 2
- Rub off the excess papery skin from garlic without separating the cloves. Slice the tips off the head (or heads), exposing the ends of the cloves. Place the garlic on a piece of foil, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and wrap into a package. Put in a baking dish and bake until the garlic is very soft, 40 minutes to 1 hour. Unwrap and let cool slightly.
- Step 3
- Squeeze the garlic pulp into a blender or food processor (discard the skins). Add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil, vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper and blend or process until smooth.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com