Sweet raisins, honey and carrot juice balance the heat of crushed red pepper in this brightly colored vinaigrette.
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Heat mustard seeds, coriander and cumin in a small dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add carrot juice and simmer over medium heat until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Step 2
- Place raisins in a blender and add the hot juice. Let stand for 5 minutes to plump the raisins. Then add vinegar, cilantro, yogurt, honey, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper and blend until combined. Pour in oil and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com