WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 40 Minutes
A colorful mixture of yellow and red bell peppers, red onion, tomatoes and olives is a quick and flavorful topping for simple tuna steaks. Make it a meal: Tabbouleh with Grilled Vegetables would make it complete.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fish stock or water
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons pitted and sliced good-quality black olives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- salt, to taste
- 4 4-ounce tuna steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Step 2
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a wide saucepan over medium heat. Add peppers, onions and garlic and sauté until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, fish stock (or water) and wine and bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, over high heat until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in olives and rosemary and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3
- Meanwhile, brush both sides of the tuna steaks with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and season both sides lightly with salt and pepper. Heat an ovenproof, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until almost very hot. Sear the tuna until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Place the pan in the oven and bake until the fish is opaque, about 10 minutes. Place the tuna on individual plates and spoon the tomato mixture on top.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com