Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
2) age fotostock (inset: UpperCut Images, Workbook Stock, National Geographic)
3) Laurence Dutton / Photographer’s Choice
5) Jessica Abad de Gail / age footstock
6) PhotosIndia.com, Photographer's Choice, Flickr
7) Lyle Leduc / Workbook Stock
8) Sami Sarkis / Photographer's Choice
9) David De Lossy / Photodisc
10) Ludsam / Stock4B
11) Tim Flach / Stone, Image Source, The Image Bank
12) Digital Vision, Taxi
13) Stockbyte, Photographer’s Choice
14) StockFood Creative, Brand X Pictures, Jupiter Unlimited
15) Paul Edmondson / Stone
16) National Geographic
17) Carl Glover / Stone
18) Commercial Eye / Iconica
19) Marc Romanelli / Workbook Stock
American Psychiatric Association.
International Dictionary of Psychoanalysis.
McMaster University Anxiety Treatment and Research Center.
Merck Manual of Medical Information, Second Home Edition.
National Institute of Mental Health.
Phobia (Q) web site.
Richardson, P. and Holland, A. Evidence Based Mental Health, 2002.
Simple Phobias Guide web site.
Reviewed by Sabrina Felson, MD on May 30, 2018
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.