Bipolar Disorder Features
Like Son, Like Father: Bipolar Through The Generations
- What’s Next for Bipolar Treatment?
Treatment for bipolar disorder is heading into new and exciting directions.
- How I Manage My Bipolar Depression
Read how one man with bipolar disorder handles the depression that's part of the condition.
- How My Bipolar Disorder Treatment Has Helped Me
Read one woman’s story of what it’s like to have severe bipolar disorder, and how treatment helped her get her life back on track.
- How I Manage My Bipolar Mania
Find out how one woman manages the mania that comes with bipolar disorder.
- How I Manage Bipolar Mania
Yes, being manic did feel good, but it came at a cost.
- How I Made Marriage Work With Bipolar
Trying to use my wife as a treatment for mental illness is literally crazy. Pardon the pun.
- How My Lifestyle Affects My Bipolar Disorder
Medication and therapy are extremely important, but they aren’t the entire solution.
- Facing the Stigma and Stereotypes of Bipolar Disorder
Don't stigmatize people with bipolar disorder, and treat us as you would everyone else, because we're just like everyone else, mental health activist Gabe Howard says.
- What Progress and Recovery Look Like
For me, the most realistic definition is that I’m spending more time living my life than managing bipolar disorder.
- My Experiences With Bipolar Medication
I assumed the first medications prescribed to me would be the perfect regimen. My unrealistic view of how psychiatry and medication worked set me up to be very disappointed.
- Expert Answers to Your Bipolar Disorder Questions
Got questions about bipolar disorder? WebMD has answers that the experts gave our audience during a Facebook Live event.
- Bipolar: The Diagnosis I Never Expected
In 2003, I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital because I was having thoughts of suicide, delusions, and depression. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
- What to Do If Your Bipolar Meds Aren’t Working
What to do if your bipolar medication doesn’t seem to work as well as it used to.
- Keep Your Lows From Keeping You Down
Because bipolar depression can resemble other conditions, see your doctor or mental health professional to get a correct diagnosis.
- Bipolar Disorder In Kids
Health Information on Bipolar Disorder,diagnosed,diagnosis,help,assisted,depression,depressive disorder,depression,suppressed,Medication,drugs,mood change,mood changes/swing,early,early stage,onset of,onset,Disorder,mood disorder,manic,mania"
- At-Home Bipolar Disorder Test: Help or Hindrance?
Advocates say an at-home bipolar disorder test helps doctors make an accurate diagnosis, but critics say more research is needed.
- How Can I Help Someone Who Has Bipolar Disorder?
You can be a big support to a loved one with bipolar disorder, both in a crisis and in daily life. Learn the dos and the don’ts.
- Mental Illness and Substance Abuse
Mental health problems are frequently complicated by substance abuse, putting patients in need of special care.