Children's Health Slideshows
- Assistive Devices for Children With Spinal Muscular Atrophy
For children with SMA, assistive devices -- walkers, wheelchairs, standers, and more -- are the key to staying active. Learn which ones may help your child.
- Helpful Adaptive Equipment With Pompe Disease
Adaptive devices can help people with Pompe disease with mobile and daily life. Learn which ones might work for you.
- Adult Conditions Kids Can Get, Too
Vaccines have helped keep kids from getting many childhood diseases. Now, adult diseases in children are becoming more common. Find out more about what they are and what’s causing them.
- How to Prevent Meningitis in Your Teen
Teens can be exposed to meningitis in high school or college dorms. Learn what to do to prevent your child from getting sick during an outbreak.
- Bumps to Breaks: Common Injuries in Kids
Childhood and injuries go hand-in-hand. Click through to see some of the common injuries kids can get while playing sports, on the playground, and just being kids.
- Gross Stuff Kids Do: Will It Hurt Them?
Do your kids have habits that gross you out? WebMD looks at some of the disgusting things kids commonly do.
- Gross Things Kids Do
- How to Prevent Broken Bones in Your Child
Find out how to keep your kids safe from broken bones, no matter what sport they play.
- Slideshow: 10 things to know about your child's sleep
- 10 Things to Know About Your Child's Sleep
Kids need sleep to grow, learn and be fit.
- How to fight fatigue as a new mum or dad
- Kids’ School Lunches: Tips, Meal Ideas, and More
You want your child’s school lunch to taste great and give them all the energy and nutrients they need for a super school day -- without a lot of effort. It can be simple! WebMD shows you how.
- Celebrities With Dyslexia
Meet these famous folks, who haven’t let dyslexia stand in the way of success.
- A Visual Guide to Enterovirus D68
Enterovirus D68 is usually mild, but children with asthma are among those who are more likely to have serious complications. Get the facts on what it is, what causes it, what the symptoms are, when to call a doctor, and how it's treated.
- Slideshow: Bad habits that can harm your child's health
- Slideshow kids germs handwashing
- Indoor activities slideshow
- How to Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu
Does your child have the cold or flu? Know how to ease their yucky symptoms so they feel better as they recover -– and when to call their doctor.
- Children Sleep Problems
Is your kid up all night? See the top reasons children can't sleep -- including you. Blame snoring, nightmares, sleep apnea, or you!
- Healthy Digestion for Children -- What You Should Know
Does your child have constipation, diarrhea, or a virus? See kids' digestion problems like vomiting and reflux so you know when to see a pediatrician.
- Slideshow: Childhood illnesses every parent should know
- Kids, Germs, and Handwashing
The dirtiest places your kids may play might be in your own house. See the biggest germs traps, both inside and away from the home.
- Swimming Pool and Beach Safety
Plan for safety as you head out to your favorite water activity. Watch out for accidents. Think about eating and the heat. Prepare for any health needs.
- Slideshow: Surprising Sources of Indoor Air Pollution
Air pollution is likely worse inside your home than out. See how radon, secondhand smoke, and even air fresheners can harm your family's health.
- Slideshow: 11 Common Causes of Skin Rashes
See causes of skin rash, irritated skin, and eczema. Find out what chemicals in your cosmetics and home could be causing your child’s itchy skin.
- 10 Common Symptoms in Infants and Young Toddlers
See signs of childhood illnesses, including fever, nausea, and constipation. Find common symptoms and home treatment for your baby and toddler.
- Stages of Puberty
See what to expect as your child goes through puberty. Find out about the changes you'll see including growth spurts, acne, and more.
- Cold & Flu Treatment: Medication and Home Remedies for Children Slideshow
WebMD offers helpful tips to safely choose and use over-the-counter medicines and other remedies to help you treat your child’s cold or flu.
- Whooping Cough and Pertussis -- Is Your Baby Protected?
Whooping cough (pertussis) is on the rise. Can you recognize the symptoms? Is your baby protected? View this slideshow from WebMD to find out how to whip whooping cough.
- Images of Childhood Skin Problems
Hives, ringworm, warts: just a few skin conditions often seen in babies and children. How can you recognize these common childhood conditions -- and is home treatment possible?
- Childhood Illnesses Every Parent Should Know
Croup, sore throat, glue ear and Kawasaki disease are among child illnesses parents must know. BootsWebMD has symptoms, pictures, and advice for when to seek medical advice.
- Remedies for Nausea and Vomiting
WebMD has remedies for nausea and vomiting and tips on when to see a doctor. Pictures show home remedies and bust myths about treatments that don’t work.
- Head Lice: What You Need to Know
Learn how to treat a head lice infestation and how to protect your child from future lice outbreaks.