Cholesterol Management Features
If You’re Battling High Cholesterol, You’re Not Alone
- The Next Generation of Medicine
While statins are still the standard in cholesterol treatment, new medicines offer more options than ever. Learn how they can help bring your levels down.
- What People Don’t Understand About Managing High Cholesterol
High cholesterol is common, but it’s not well-understood. An expert tells you more about common misconceptions and misunderstandings about this condition.
- The Paleo Diet and Your Cholesterol
Researchers are looking at how lower-carb diets like paleo might affect your cholesterol.
- Can Statins Cause Brain Fog?
Some people report side effects like brain fog and memory loss with this drug designed to lower cholesterol. Here’s what the research says.
- Plant-Based Diets and Your Cholesterol
A plant-based diet might help bring your cholesterol numbers down, along with your chances of heart disease.
- Yoga and Cholesterol
If you have high cholesterol, you might consider starting a workout program. Find out how yoga can be your secret weapon in lowering your cholesterol levels and how you can add it to your daily routine.
- High Cholesterol in Younger People
If you think you don’t need to pay attention to your cholesterol numbers until you’re older, think again. Your heart health may be at stake.
- My Defensive Strategy for High Cholesterol
If you have high cholesterol, how do you manage it instead of letting it manage you? Get some strategy tips from someone who does it every day.
- What’s New in Cholesterol Treatment
An expert shares new discoveries are changing the lives of people with high cholesterol for the better.
- When You Know Your Levels, You Level the Playing Field
Endocrinologist Robert Eckel discusses the importance of knowing your cholesterol numbers, why some types are “bad,” and what you can do to keep your cholesterol under control.
- How I Stick to a Heart-Healthy Game Plan
Living a heart-healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be boring or tasteless. Jenny Petz shares the small tweaks that let her beat her cholesterol numbers while enjoying life -- and her favorite foods -- to the fullest.
- Did You Inherit Your High Cholesterol?
Is high cholesterol in your genes? Or was it your family’s habits?
- High Cholesterol: What’s the Risk?
High cholesterol quietly damages your body over time. Stop it in its tracks.
- Statins: What You Should Know
Statins are drugs that lower “bad” cholesterol. What else should you know?
- 6 Lifestyle Keys to Better Cholesterol
Simple changes can help bring that “bad” cholesterol number back down to normal.
- 11 Tips to Cut Your Cholesterol Fast
Living with high cholesterol? Try these 11 easy tips to lower it, fast!
- Are There Alternatives to Statins?
Statins help millions lower cholesterol, but they’re not the only drug out there. Learn about your treatment options.
- 10 Foods to Break Your Low-Cholesterol Diet Rut
On a diet to lower your cholesterol? Eating the same old, same old foods every day gets boring. Shake things up by swapping in these foods.
- Is Butter Back? The Truth About Saturated Fats
What’s the real story on saturated fat? Can you eat red meat and butter again? Here’s what you need to know.
- WebMD My Story: Living With High Cholesterol
A reader sheds light on a genetic condition that affects her and her family.
- Soy Protein and Cholesterol
What you should know about soy protein and cholesterol. Find out what the research shows and the best sources of soy protein.
- How to Cut Down on Medications
Learn safe ways to cut down on medications for high blood pressure, cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes.
- 10 Best Diet Plans for High Cholesterol
Best diets for high cholesterol
- 12 Cooking Tips for Lowering Your Cholesterol
Cooking Tips for Lowering Cholesterol
- Can Low Cholesterol Keep Your Brain Healthy?
Some studies show that high levels of cholesterol may be linked to Alzheimer's disease or other kinds of dementia.
- How Your Doctor Picks the Triglyceride Med for You
If you have high triglycerides, your doctor may prescribe medicine to help you keep your levels in check.
- Triglyceride-Friendly Meals
These simple meals taste great and will help lower your triglycerides.
- Tempted to Stop Taking Pills for Triglycerides?
Tips to help you stay on your triglyceride-lowering medicine.
- Your Ultimate High-Fiber Grocery List
The next time you go shopping, stock up on healthy fiber options in every aisle.
- Slim Down for Lower Numbers
When you have a lot to lose before hitting your goal weight, success may feel far away. Here’s a win within reach -- lose 5% of your total weight to lower your chance of having a heart attack or stroke.
- Boost the Results of Triglycerides Meds
Take heart; needing medicine doesn’t mean you’ve failed. But you do have a key role in helping the medicines do their job.
- Get Active to Lower Triglycerides & Cholesterol
An inactive life can keep your bad cholesterol levels high and your good levels low. Here’s how to begin an exercise program to help lower cholesterol.
- 9 Surprising Foods That May Raise Your Cholesterol
Watch out for these 9 foods that may raise your LDL (bad) cholesterol.
- The Trouble with Triglycerides
Struggling with high triglycerides and high cholesterol? Manage high triglycerides with tips from the pros.
- Cholesterol and Cooking: Fats and Oils
Looking to lower your cholesterol? Follow these expert tips on how to use fats and oils in low-cholesterol cooking.
- Test Your Cholesterol IQ
WebMD Magazine’s guide to cholesterol facts and fiction.
- Do You Really Need a Statin to Lower Cholesterol?
Why should you take a statin? Can’t you just improve your cholesterol levels by eating right and exercising? The answer is yes -- and no. Here’s a look at the benefits of statins.
- Exercises to Control Your Cholesterol
Regular exercise raises levels of good HDL cholesterol, and lowers unhealthy triglycerides. Here’s what type of exercise – and how much – you need to help manage your cholesterol.
- Holiday Foods for the Cholesterol-Conscious
Watching your cholesterol level needn't take the fun out of holiday feasts. Here are some tips for enjoying holiday foods while keeping your cholesterol count steady.
- Kitchen Makeover for a Low Cholesterol Diet
Nine steps for a kitchen that makes it simpler to stick to your low cholesterol diet.
- Accurate or Not? At-Home Cholesterol Tests and Blood Pressure Monitors
The advantages and disadvantages of checking your cholesterol and blood pressure with at-home cholesterol tests and blood pressure monitors.
- Get Active to Lower Triglycerides & Cholesterol
A sedentary life can keep your bad cholesterol levels high and your good levels low. Here’s how to begin an exercise program to help lower cholesterol.
- High Cholesterol: What It Can Do to You
High risk cholesterol is often silent, damaging arteries without symptoms. Do you know the risks?
- The New Low-Cholesterol Diet: Nuts
Nutritionists say that certain nuts deserve an honored spot in the kitchen of every healthy eater (as long as you're not allergic, of course.)
- The New Low-Cholesterol Diet: Fatty Fish
The term "fatty fish" may sound unappealing, but actually these are the tastiest and healthiest foods from the sea.
- The New Low-Cholesterol Diet: Oatmeal & Oat Bran
Oatmeal, that sturdy breakfast food from your grandmother's kitchen, has a lot going for it.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Foods
We all know that butter, ice cream and fatty meats raise cholesterol, but do you know which foods can actually lower it?
- The Baby Boomer Heart: Cholesterol Rising
Nearly one in three Americans have rising cholesterol. The time to act is now.
- Portfolio Diet: Recipe for Lower Cholesterol
For lower cholesterol, fit four cholesterol-fighting foods into your diet portfolio.