Cholesterol Management Features
- The Next Generation of Medicine
While statins are still the standard in cholesterol treatment, new medicines offer more options than ever. Learn how they can help bring your levels down.
- If You’re Battling High Cholesterol, You’re Not Alone
How lifestyle changes like diet and exercise help one woman manage high cholesterol.
- The Paleo Diet and Your Cholesterol
Researchers are looking at how lower-carb diets like paleo might affect your cholesterol.
- Can Statins Cause Brain Fog?
Some people report side effects like brain fog and memory loss with this drug designed to lower cholesterol. Here’s what the research says.
- Plant-Based Diets and Your Cholesterol
A plant-based diet might help bring your cholesterol numbers down, along with your chances of heart disease.
- Yoga and Cholesterol
If you have high cholesterol, you might consider starting a workout program. Find out how yoga can be your secret weapon in lowering your cholesterol levels and how you can add it to your daily routine.
- High Cholesterol in Younger People
If you think you don’t need to pay attention to your cholesterol numbers until you’re older, think again. Your heart health may be at stake.
- How I Stick to a Heart-Healthy Game Plan
Living a heart-healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be boring or tasteless. Jenny Petz shares the small tweaks that let her beat her cholesterol numbers while enjoying life -- and her favorite foods -- to the fullest.
- My Defensive Strategy for High Cholesterol
If you have high cholesterol, how do you manage it instead of letting it manage you? Get some strategy tips from someone who does it every day.
- What’s New in Cholesterol Treatment
An expert shares new discoveries are changing the lives of people with high cholesterol for the better.
- When You Know Your Levels, You Level the Playing Field
Endocrinologist Robert Eckel discusses the importance of knowing your cholesterol numbers, why some types are “bad,” and what you can do to keep your cholesterol under control.
- A Doctor’s View on Barriers to Cholesterol Control
You know you should manage your cholesterol, but a busy lifestyle can make that tough to do. A health care provider offers insight on some common obstacles to controlling your cholesterol, as well as ways to break through them.
- 6 Lifestyle Keys to Better Cholesterol
Simple changes can help bring that “bad” cholesterol number back down to normal.
- High Cholesterol: What’s the Risk?
High cholesterol quietly damages your body over time. Stop it in its tracks.
- Did You Inherit Your High Cholesterol?
Is high cholesterol in your genes? Or was it your family’s habits?
- Statins: What You Should Know
Statins are drugs that lower “bad” cholesterol. What else should you know?
- 11 Tips to Cut Your Cholesterol Fast
Living with high cholesterol? Try these 11 easy tips to lower it, fast!
- Are There Alternatives to Statins?
Statins help millions lower cholesterol, but they’re not the only drug out there. Learn about your treatment options.
- 10 Foods to Break Your Low-Cholesterol Diet Rut
On a diet to lower your cholesterol? Eating the same old, same old foods every day gets boring. Shake things up by swapping in these foods.
- Is Butter Back? The Truth About Saturated Fats
What’s the real story on saturated fat? Can you eat red meat and butter again? Here’s what you need to know.
- WebMD My Story: Living With High Cholesterol
A reader sheds light on a genetic condition that affects her and her family.
- Soy Protein and Cholesterol
What you should know about soy protein and cholesterol. Find out what the research shows and the best sources of soy protein.
- How to Cut Down on Medications
Learn safe ways to cut down on medications for high blood pressure, cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes.
- Exercise and Cholesterol: How Much Is Enough?
How much exercise do I need to lower my cholesterol?
- 10 Best Diet Plans for High Cholesterol
Best diets for high cholesterol
- 12 Cooking Tips for Lowering Your Cholesterol
Cooking Tips for Lowering Cholesterol
- Can Low Cholesterol Keep Your Brain Healthy?
Some studies show that high levels of cholesterol may be linked to Alzheimer's disease or other kinds of dementia.
- How Your Doctor Picks the Triglyceride Med for You
If you have high triglycerides, your doctor may prescribe medicine to help you keep your levels in check.
- Triglyceride-Friendly Meals
These simple meals taste great and will help lower your triglycerides.
- Tempted to Stop Taking Pills for Triglycerides?
Tips to help you stay on your triglyceride-lowering medicine.
- Surprising foods that may raise your cholesterol
- Your Ultimate High-Fiber Grocery List
The next time you go shopping, stock up on healthy fiber options in every aisle.
- Slim Down for Lower Numbers
When you have a lot to lose before hitting your goal weight, success may feel far away. Here’s a win within reach -- lose 5% of your total weight to lower your chance of having a heart attack or stroke.
- Boost the Results of Triglycerides Meds
Take heart; needing medicine doesn’t mean you’ve failed. But you do have a key role in helping the medicines do their job.
- Get Active to Lower Triglycerides & Cholesterol
An inactive life can keep your bad cholesterol levels high and your good levels low. Here’s how to begin an exercise program to help lower cholesterol.
- Triglyceride-Friendly Foods
- How Your Health Affects Triglyceride Treatment
- 9 Surprising Foods That May Raise Your Cholesterol
Watch out for these 9 foods that may raise your LDL (bad) cholesterol.
- The Trouble with Triglycerides
Struggling with high triglycerides and high cholesterol? Manage high triglycerides with tips from the pros.
- Cholesterol and Cooking: Fats and Oils
Looking to lower your cholesterol? Follow these expert tips on how to use fats and oils in low-cholesterol cooking.
- Test Your Cholesterol IQ
WebMD Magazine’s guide to cholesterol facts and fiction.
- Do You Really Need a Statin to Lower Cholesterol?
Why should you take a statin? Can’t you just improve your cholesterol levels by eating right and exercising? The answer is yes -- and no. Here’s a look at the benefits of statins.
- Exercises to Control Your Cholesterol
Regular exercise raises levels of good HDL cholesterol, and lowers unhealthy triglycerides. Here’s what type of exercise – and how much – you need to help manage your cholesterol.
- Holiday Foods for the Cholesterol-Conscious
Watching your cholesterol level needn't take the fun out of holiday feasts. Here are some tips for enjoying holiday foods while keeping your cholesterol count steady.
- Kitchen Makeover for a Low Cholesterol Diet
Nine steps for a kitchen that makes it simpler to stick to your low cholesterol diet.
- Accurate or Not? At-Home Cholesterol Tests and Blood Pressure Monitors
The advantages and disadvantages of checking your cholesterol and blood pressure with at-home cholesterol tests and blood pressure monitors.
- Exercise To Lower Cholesterol
The most effective exercises for lowering your cholesterol levels.
- Checklist: A Diet to Lower Cholesterol & Lose Weight
Often just losing a little weight can help you lower your cholesterol. Here’s how to get started on your diet to lower cholesterol.
- Get Active to Lower Triglycerides & Cholesterol
A sedentary life can keep your bad cholesterol levels high and your good levels low. Here’s how to begin an exercise program to help lower cholesterol.