Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Barry Wong / Photographer's Choice
(2) Mitch Hrdlicka / Photodisc
(3) Getty Images
(4) Rosemary Calvert / Photographer's Choice and Dorling Kindersley
(5) Jill Fromer / Photodisc
(6) Rosemary Calvert / Photographer's Choice
(7) Getty Images
(8) Mitch Hrdlicka / Photographer's Choice
(9) Viel / SoFood Collection
(10) Food Collection
(11) ColorBlind Images / Blend Images
(12) Image Source
(13) Shinya Sasaki / NEOVISION
ChooseMyPlate.gov: "Dietary Guidelines 2010."
American Academy of Pediatrics, Committee on Nutrition. Pediatrics, May 2001.
Zarfeshany, A. Advanced Biomedical Research, March 25, 2014.
Seeram, N. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, Feb. 27, 2008.
Reviewed by Christine Mikstas, RD, LD on May 29, 2020
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.