What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Janumet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFF HUMAN DATA; CONSIDER MATERNAL TREATMENT BENEFIT VS. POT FETAL/NEO RISK
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: NO KNOWN INFANT ADVERSE OUTCOMES; MFR ADVISES CAUTION
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA; POTENTIAL FOR EXCRETION BASED ON DRUG PROPERTIES
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Increased risk for drug induced metabolic acidosis with increasing age and declining renal function. Metformin is contraindicated in patients with an eGFR below 30 mL/min. Cardiovascular-Heart failure patients may have a higher risk for metabolic acidosis.
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Adjust dosage for moderate to severe renal impairment. Monitor renal function.
Giving Janumet to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy in pediatrics not established.
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy in pediatrics age < 10 years not established.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.