What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Stribild to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: AVAILABLE HUMAN DATA SHOW NO INCREASED RISK FOR MAJOR BIRTH DEFECTS
- FDB Only When Necessary: AVAILABLE HUMAN DATA SHOW NO INCREASED RISK FOR MAJOR MALFORMATIONS.
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: MATERNAL EXPOSURE LEVELS ARE SUBSTANTIALLY LOW AND MAY AFFECT TREATMENT EFFICACY
- Possibly Safe: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAIL; ANIMAL DATA SHOW NO DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST NO KNOWN ADVERSE EFFECTS IN NURSING INFANT
- Absolute Contraindication: CDC DOES NOT RECOMMEND BREASTFEEDING IN HIV-POSITIVE WOMEN.
- Absolute Contraindication: CDC DOES NOT RECOMMEND BREASTFEEDING IN HIV-POSITIVE WOMEN
- Absolute Contraindication: CDC DOES NOT RECOMMEND BREASTFEEDING IN HIV POSITIVE WOMEN
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Monitor for signs of mitochondrial toxicity/lactic acidosis. Renal-Discontinue the drug and consider using another combination ARV therapy. Tenofovir dosing interval must be adjusted for CrCL<50mL/min., however, this is a fixed dose combination and such adjustments cannot be made. Hepatic-Monitor for signs of hepatomegaly with steatosis. Neurologic-Monitor for peripheral neuropathy. Musculoskeletal-May decrease bone mineral density. Monitor patients with osteoporosis/penia.
Giving Stribild to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Unknown long term effects on bone. No safety and efficacy age < 12 years or weight < 35 kg.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.