Who should not take DESVENLAFAXINE ER?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a disorder with excess antidiuretic hormone called syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone
- high cholesterol
- high amount of triglyceride in the blood
- low amount of sodium in the blood
- increased risk of bleeding due to clotting disorder
- an increased risk of bleeding
- suicidal thoughts
- neuroleptic malignant syndrome, a reaction characterized by fever, muscle rigidity and confusion
- serotonin syndrome, a type of disorder with high serotonin levels
- closed angle glaucoma
- high blood pressure
- heart attack within the last 30 days
- a disorder of the blood vessels of the brain
- lung tissue problem
- risk of angle-closure glaucoma due to narrow angle of anterior chamber of eye
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- Child-Pugh class B liver impairment
- Child-Pugh class C liver impairment
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using desvenlafaxine ER?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.